Thousands of customers targeted
Australia Post customers have been warned to be on the lookout for a new email scam. A new phishing scam was detected, which intends on stealing customers credit card details. The subject line of these reads “Your package is waiting for delivery” with the sender name AUSPOST. While it may all seem legitimate, the emails are actually coming from random addresses, which are registered in Egypt and the Dominican Republic.
To protect yourself from any kind of phishing scam, we urge you to look out for:
- Grammatical errors in any of the writing
- Senders you are not expecting to receive anything from
- Are not addressed to you with personal details
- Contains information that is either vague or generic
- Directs to a URL that is not from the official sender
Please contact our team to if you have any questions about cyber security or IT.