iiNet has made the decision to stop providing email services across iiNet and all subsidiary brands in 2023. This change will help us focus on creating better experiences for our core products: internet and mobile.
You can opt-in to transfer your iiNet email address to another Australian email provider, The Messaging Company. The Messaging Company will become your email provider and most importantly, you will not lose any emails, contacts or calendar events as part of the transfer.
Important: Your internet and Toolbox login details will not be affected by this change.
How to keep your email address
If you have one or more iiNet email addresses that you’d like to keep, you’ll need to follow these steps for each email address.
Important: By opting-in to transfer your email service to The Messaging Company email platform, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Email Transfer.
- Go to The Messaging Company website at: https://register.themessagingco.com.au/iinet or click TRANSFER.
- Enter your iiNet email address.
- The Messaging Company will send a unique PIN to the email address provided. This PIN will expire after 60 minutes. Promptly enter this PIN on The Messaging Company website to authorise your signup.
Important: Do not share this PIN with anyone.
- Your email address is now on standby to move to The Messaging Company. You can keep using your iiNet email address as usual in the meantime.
- You will receive a reminder via email before your iiNet email address will be transferred to The Messaging Company. After transferring, you may be required to create a new password for your email address.
- If you have any issues with your iiNet email address after moving to The Messaging Company, you will need to contact The Messaging Company for support as iiNet will no longer be able to assist.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
By opting-in to transfer your iiNet email service to The Messaging Company email platform, you acknowledge and agree that:
- We may disclose your personal information (i.e. your name, email address and contact number) to The Messaging Company for the purpose of facilitating your email transfer and you consent to this. The Messaging Company’s privacy notice is available at: https://themessaging.co/privacy-notice/
- You will need to sign up with The Messaging Company as your email hosting provider and agree to their terms and conditions, and you will become a direct customer of The Messaging Company’s email service.
- Your iiNet email service will be transferred to The Messaging Company email platform, and The Messaging Company will be responsible for providing your email service after the transfer.
- iiNet will pay The Messaging Company email service charge until 15 September 2024. After 15 September 2024, you will be responsible for paying any charges you incur for the email service. The Messaging Company will contact customers with available pricing options at least 60 days prior to commencing charges for the email service.
- iiNet grants you the right to use your current email address, which incorporates one or more domain names owned by iiNet or one of our affiliates (e.g. @iinet.net.au).
- iiNet may withdraw the right for you to use your current email address when you cease acquiring services from iiNet or one of our affiliates.
- iiNet may also revoke the right in (4) above for other reasons, but we will endeavour to give you at least 60 days’ prior notice before that happens.
- Your use of your current email address, which incorporates one or more domain names owned by iiNet or our affiliates, is not transferable to another email service provider.
- When The Messaging Company begins providing your email services, iiNet and its affiliates will not be responsible to you in any way in connection with your email service (e.g. providing setup or troubleshooting support; security; service quality).
What happens if I don’t choose to keep my email address?
- You don’t need to do anything if you’re happy for your iiNet email address to be deleted.
- If you do not move to The Messaging Company before the date advised in the notice we emailed to you, your iiNet email address will be suspended and you will no longer be able to send or receive emails.
- Once suspended, if you do not choose to move your iiNet email address to The Messaging Company, the following will apply:
- The email address will be deleted from 30 November 2023 and can no longer be recovered.
- Any email forwarding to or from your iiNet email address will stop.
- You won’t be able to access any existing emails stored on the iiNet mail server.
- Any messages sent to your iiNet email address will bounce back to the sender as undeliverable.
- If you use your iiNet email address as the contact email address for your iiNet account, please update your contact details to a different email address in Toolbox.
Can I recover my email address after it is suspended?
Suspended email addresses must be unsuspended before you can opt-in to be moved to the Messaging Company email platform. Unsuspension can be completed by contacting the messaging company 1300 704 794. Once unsuspended, please follow these steps. This recovery process will be available until 30 November 2023. After 30 November 2023, suspended email addresses will be deleted and can no longer be recovered.
Do I need to back up my email before I move to The Messaging Company?
There’s no need to back up your email before moving to The Messaging Company. Any existing emails stored on the iiNet mail server will be moved across to The Messaging Company.
Can new iiNet email addresses be created with The Messaging Company?
No. New iiNet email addresses can no longer be created as of 6 June 2023.
Only existing iiNet email addresses may move to The Messaging Company and new email addresses using the @iinet.net.au domain may not be created. This includes email addresses for any of iiNet’s subsidiary brand domains, such as Netspace, Ozemail and iHug.
If you’d like to create a new email address, you’ll need to consider alternative options from other email providers.
Will I need to pay anything to use my iiNet email address with The Messaging Company?
You won’t need to pay anything to use your iiNet email address with The Messaging Company until 15 September 2024.
At least 60 days prior to 15 September 2024, The Messaging Company will contact customers with pricing options that will apply if you wish to continue using your iiNet email address with The Messaging Company.
iiNet is not able to provide any information about The Messaging Company’s email pricing.
What email settings will I need to use with The Messaging Company?
Your current email settings will continue to work after your iiNet email address has moved to The Messaging Company.
Who do I call for email support?
If you have any issues with your iiNet email address after moving to The Messaging Company, you will need to contact The Messaging Company for support as iiNet will no longer be able to assist. Contact information will be made available on The Messaging Company’s website when email transfers begin.
Before moving to The Messaging Company, you can continue to contact our technical support team for any help with your email.
For general queries about iiNet email addresses moving to The Messaging Company, please call us on 1300 245 575.
Can I save my emails if I don’t choose to move to The Messaging Company?
To continue access to your iiNet emails, we strongly recommend that you choose to move to The Messaging Company. This will give you more time to back up your emails and change your email contact details as needed.
If you don’t choose to move to The Messaging Company, you can save a backup of your emails to your computer or data storage device. You will not be able to send or receive mail after your iiNet email address is suspended, but you can use any email software to open the locally saved files for existing emails. Our guides for backing up email on popular email software will help:
Will my Toolbox login details change?
No. You’ll continue to use the same username and password to log in to Toolbox.
If you have any questions about moving your email to The Messaging Company, please call us on 1300 245 575.